The CFC Hartford HealthCare Bone & Joint Institute
Columbus Day Classic
October 10th & 11th, 2020
CFC invites you to participate in our 22nd Annual CFC Columbus Day Classic to be held on Columbus Day weekend, Saturday, Oct. 10th and Sunday, Oct. 11th. This tournament will include Premier and Select level teams for both boys and girls, U11 – U14. The Connecticut Junior Soccer Association (CJSA) and the United States Youth Soccer Association (USYSA) have sanctioned this tournament.
Each team entering the tournament must be currently registered with their State, National Association or any other US Soccer affiliated club. Teams from outside Region I and New Jersey must have an authorized copy of the USYSA Permission to Travel Form at registration.
1. Please read our CFC Tournament Letter to the Coaches, Managers, and Team Contacts:
2. For ALL players, coaches, staff, and tournament attendees, please complete the CFC Tournament Covid Screen Waiver prior to each day of play, NO EXCEPTIONS : https://forms.gle/YNH6SEGeE76yQHQi7
3. Deadline: Oct 7th for the Tournament Credential Check-In (see below)
4. Facility Guidelines PDF : Please review this document sent via email
Click on the link below to see schedules:
Bristol Soccer Club: Malerbo Field, 441 Emmett Street, Bristol, CT 06010
Tunxis Meade Park, Farmington : 80 Tunxis Meade Road, Farmington, CT
East Windsor Sports World : 226 Main Street, East Windsor, CT
CFC Park Indoor and Outdoor : 667 Amity Road, Bethany, CT 06524
Middletown Country Club : 395 Country Club Road, Middletown, CT
Milford Fields : 605 Orange Avenue, Milford, CT
Waterbury Crosby High Grass and Turf : 300 Pierpont Road, Waterbury, CT
Windsor LP Wilson : 599 Matianuck Avenue, Windsor, CT
FORMAT AND RULES
All age groups will play 4 games that will consist of two 30 min halves with a running clock for injuries.
U11 – roster 16, 9v9
U12 – roster 16, 9v9
U13 – roster 22, 11v11
U14 – roster 22, 11v11
3 guest players allowed
*Forfeit - Any game that ends in a forfeit will result in a 5-0 victory.
Playoffs & Tie Breakers
3 pts for a win
1 pt for a tie
0 pts for a loss
First Tie Breaker – Head to Head
Second Tie Breaker – Goal Differential (Plus 5 Max per game)
Third Tie Breaker – Goals For (5 max per game)
Fourth Tie Breaker – Goals Against (fewest)
Fifth Tie Breaker – Most Shutouts
Sixth Tie Breaker – Penalty Shootout
Trophies will be awarded to the winner of each division.
Payment: Please send all checks to the following:
PO Box 209, Middlebury CT 06762
**Call CFC Park at (475) 331-6118 to make a payment by credit card.
Tournament Credential Check-In
All team and player credential check-in must be completed online through your gotsoccer team account. All forms must be uploaded by October 7, 2020
Each team will need to upload the following as well as have all items present at the field for the entirety of the tournament. We will have RANDOM checks at each site.
• Official Roster including all guest players
• Player Cards
• Medical Waiver Signed and fully completed (US Club Waiver or USYSA Waiver)
Deadline for document upload is 10/7/2020
Teams failing to check in or having required items on hand in may forfeit their matches.
Instructions for Uploads:
1. Login into your team account via www.gotsport.com
2. Select the appropriate tournament by clicking on the link in your team account.
3. Select the Documents tab by clicking on the tab, then from the drop down select the appropriate document description you wish to upload.
4. Select file by clicking choose file and selecting the saved file from your computer. Click Upload File to successfully upload the file. You will then see the file added on the left-hand side of the window with an orange question mark under verified. This means the file has been uploaded and is waiting for verification by the tournament staff. When the File has been verified you will see the green check mark showing verification complete.
5. Repeat steps 3 & 4 for each of the appropriate files needed to complete your team’s check-in.
Teams need to bring rosters, player passes and medical forms with them to each game in the event of a problem or injury. No pass, no play. For insurance purposes ALL players must have a pass. (a birth certificate is NOT a pass).
Official Event Apparel : https://store.finedesigns.com/newengland/2020-21st-annual-cfc-columbus-day-classic.html
Questions: Please send any questions/comments to: Dorothy Fosina – email@example.com
We look forward to hosting your team!
CFC Tournament Team